Thursday, 25 February 2010

Homeopathic horror

I've been a bit quiet lately. There's been a lot going on in my life, including moving to a new flat and selling my old one. Not much time lately for blogging, nor for Makara Peak trips, though on the plus side I'm now living right next to Mount Victoria, so I've been mountain unicycling there about once a week.

Today's horror story, from the UK: Stop funding homeopathy, say British MPs.

The horror is that currently, homeopathy IS paid for by the NHS. Homeopathy is a 'treatment' which is trivially demonstrable to be complete bunk, 'medicines' with no active ingredients whatsoever. Even homeopathic 'hospitals' have been paid for. To the tune of maybe £4m per year, and £20m 'hospital' refurbishments.

At least they are coming to their senses now. I'm quite glad I'm not a UK taxpayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment